Wednesday, July 15, 2015

e-NABLE Fellowship - Karuna's Trumpet Holder - Hand Progress - Part 3

This morning I cleaned up the test hand and dovetail that I printed last night. The piece fits great around the tube at the top of the trumpet. I need to adjust the tolerances around the Chicago screw today, and also add another one for stability. I will test the Velcro slots as soon as I get my hands on some. I didn't take a photo from this angle - but another thing I like is that you can barely see any of the adaptive device from the opposite side. I like the idea of printing these pieces in a clear material eventually to push this even further... To make sure that the instrument and the player's hand and supporting limb remain the most important -with the adaptive device almost undetectable... I wonder if there is a clear alternative material for securing the device onto the hand other than the black Velcro...

No comments:

Post a Comment