Friday, June 5, 2015

S100 - Rhino Gold - Illustrating Movement with Bend & Dynamic Array

I am looking at different ways to illustrate movement of the chain I drew in Rhino - The above is achieved through the bend command. It distorts shapes a lot, which is not helpful - but again, I think this could function nicely as a quick sketch to demonstrate the design and it's potential movement.
Above I've used the dynamic array command in Rhino Gold... This time instead of doing one object, I've selected the whole grouping of elements that form the chain and arrayed them along another curve, in an attempt to open up the chain. You can see the results are again distorted - but this time the distortion has become actually kind of interesting... I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with the different "glitches" I can produce. I could see these leading to new design ideas. Happy accidents!

No comments:

Post a Comment