Monday, June 29, 2015

e-NABLE Fellowship - Karuna's Trumpet Holder

Today was the first "official" day of my e-NABLE Fellowship through the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I was offered the fellowship earlier in the summer by Frankie, who has been an active member of the e-NABLE community for a couple years now. e-NABLE received a Google grant earlier this year, and part of that grant is going to design innovation... That is where I come in! I will be discussing my work with a couple other students from different Universities in the country.

I'm diving head first into a project that was started by some other UWM students last semester, Karuna's trumpet holder. The black part is what I am working to modify. The part currently is a little sloppy when attached to the trumpet, so I will be adjusting the tolerances and changing the fit a bit. After measuring and building the trumpet valves in Rhino, I created the part and sent the first test piece to the printer before I left for the night, so we will see how it works tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment