Friday, April 17, 2015

Machines that Make - Making Parts - Part 2





Mocked up X Idler
Mocked up X Idler

In addition to the corners, I also designed new X axis parts this week. Taking cues for the Prusia i3 parts I had already printed, I made a few modifications to allow for 8mm and 10mm steel rod. I started by printing a few test pieces at 2% infill and 2 shells, on Fast.
  
New Part designs - with modifications after test prints:
 The take a LONG time to print at 45% infill and 3 shells! 


Assembly and testing with the motors: 



 There is a bit of sag in the rod - so hopefully I will be using the smaller, 34mm Nema 17's, instead of the higher torque...


1 comment:

  1. At some point (summer?) I'll release my plans for a low-cost/low-precision design that could potentially work for this sort of thing... maybe.

    ReplyDelete