Below are images documenting the creation of the ear plug.
Monday, November 30, 2015
I've been designing around these ear plugs for the iAm project. I decided after I modeled them to release them on GRABCAD because there are currently only two ear plug models on there. I think this file is valuable because I've designed it specifically for the Tasco Tri-Grip Reusable Ear Plug that I've been buying through the Ear Plug Superstore. I like it when models I find online are specific to actual products available for purchase.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Frankie showed me how to use the tormach with pathpilot last week. He helped me mill the top portion of iAm, and then over the weekend I wrote the code and milled the bottom half. The tolerances between the top and bottom are just right - makes me super happy!!! I will finish assembling this next week.
Saturday, November 14, 2015
I stumbled upon this website and am blown away with how thoroughly they cover this section on Interface and Interaction Design. It's free, you just have to sign up for an account. Check it out. This section is written by Martin Charlier.
Monday, November 9, 2015
I designed the first iteration of the King Cleveland 600 Trumpet adapter. I took the files from the Bach student trumpet and slightly modified the height and location of the holes for the tubes to extend out, based on a couple photos that were sent to me from a family that is interested in an adapter for their son. I'm going to send a test print to the family to see how it fits on the trumpet, and then make any necessary revisions.
|Bach on left, King Cleveland on right.|